SML Search

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Chess: Fischer Design / 20071003.SD850IS.0774 / SML

SML Flickr: Chess: Fischer Design / 20071003.SD850IS.0774 / SML


When I got my first job out of college in 1999, the first thing I bought was a chess set from Chess Forum. Last year, seven years being at the same job, I bought my second chess set, and this is it: the Fischer set.

At first I am not too crazy about the tops on the bishops. I thought that it might actually make more sense to have the dot be white for the bishops on the white square and a black dot for the bishops on the black square.

However, when I took this photo today from a top-down angle, I suddenly noted the genius design in this set, you can easily tell the bishops from the pawns in this view!

Related Chess Forum
Chess Forum: 4" Ebony British Chess Company
Chess Forum: 4" Ebony Fischer Design

Related SML
SML Del.icio.us: chess
SML Search: chess

No comments:

Post a Comment