SML Search

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Gel Dilemma / Rands in Repose




Hyper-geek Rands Pantalones (Google) reviewed six pens:

  1. Pilot G-2
  2. PenTel Energel
  3. Pentel Hybrid Gel Roller
  4. Uni-ball Signo
  5. Pentel Hybrid Gel Grip
  6. Pilot V-Ball Grip

for three tests

  1. The Glamour Test. How does it look? How does the pen feel in my hand, and, more importantly, can I spin it around my thumb?
  2. The Line Test. How does the ink flow? The basic straight line.
  3. The Writing Test. This test brings it all together. How does my writing look? Is the pen helping or hurting?

My favorite used to be Uniball but it was replaced by Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Superfine this year, which unfortunately was not reviewed.

See the hilarious yet informative full review at:
Rands in Repose: The Gel Dilemma

Other Rands in Repose blog posts that I recommend:

  • N.A.D.D. (Nerd Attention Deficit Disorder): because it reaffirms the importance of data-indexing
  • More Messy Thinking: because it's great to know that I'm not the only one in the world orienting monitors vertically

SML Copyright Notice


©2007 See-ming Lee 李思明 SML / SML Pro Blog / SML Universe. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment