SML Search

Friday, October 26, 2007

Google search results comparison: Logged in vs Logged out

It always fascinates me how search results should differ depending on whether I'm signed into Google or not. Take a look at the following screenshots of Google Search: See-ming Lee

See-ming Lee - Google Search - Logged in

See-ming Lee - Google Search - logged in (by See-ming Lee 李思明 SML)

  1. (1) SML = See-ming Lee = Design + Technology + Marketing Strategy = 李 ...
  2. (2) SML Pro Blog
  3. (7) digg / seeminglee
  4. ( ) digg / seeminglee / friends history
  5. (3) SML Gay Blog
  6. (4) Member: seeminglee | LibraryThing
  7. (5) seeminglee - SWiK
  8. (6) Pipes from See-ming Lee
  9. ( ) LinkedIn: See-ming Lee 李思明SML
  10. (8) SML Notebook

See-ming Lee - Google Search - Logged out

See-ming Lee - Google Search - logged out (by See-ming Lee 李思明 SML)

  1. (1) SML = See-ming Lee = Design + Technology + Marketing Strategy = 李 ...
  2. (2) SML Pro Blog
  3. (5) SML Gay Blog
  4. (6) Member: seeminglee | LibraryThing
  5. (7) seeminglee - SWiK
  6. (8) Pipes from See-ming Lee
  7. (3) digg / seeminglee
  8. (10) SML Notebook
  9. ( ) SML Thank You
  10. ( ) SML Ideas



Google's algorithm appears to be saying

  • When I'm logged in, since i am so active on social networks, my friends' activities matter, and as such the friends history on digg and my LinkedIn profile matters
  • When I'm logged out, people generally search for me when they are looking for information about me, and so the blogs matter more


I'm not quite sure which is which, but I am going to continue to look around. The Google SERP fluctuates so much that it is hard to keep track. Does anyone know if there is a service that do data-mining everyday so I can compare stats?


SML Copyright Notice
Copyright 2007 See-ming Lee 李思明 SML / SML Ideas / SML Universe. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment