SML Search

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Users: China > US / Google Analytics: SML Gay Blog

I just looked at the Google Analytics reports for my gay blog today and I noted that it has more Chinese visitors then any other visitors:

Google Analytics: SML Gay Blog: Visitors: Map Overlay
Google Analytics: SML Gay Blog (by See-ming Lee 李思明 SML)Google Analytics: SML Gay Blog: Map Overlay (by See-ming Lee 李思明 SML)

This is quite surprising to me as I am more used to the norm of visitor distribution, such as that on this blog—predominantly U.S. audience:

Google Analytics: SML Pro Blog: Visitors: Map Overlay
Google Analytics: SML Pro Blog: Map Overlay (by See-ming Lee 李思明 SML) Google Analytics: SML Pro Blog: Map Overlay (by See-ming Lee 李思明 SML)

I am also stunned at the numbers of users reached on that the gay blog--nearly half of that of my professional blog (the one that you are reading).

I generally don't use the map overlay feature because it's fairly useless for my blogs, as I have gotten so used to seeing the dark spot on the U.S., but the experience today really make me think about tailoring my post for my readers, and hopefully improving the quality of the content a bit over there :)



SML Copyright Notice


©2007 See-ming Lee 李思明 SML / SML Pro Blog / SML Universe. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment