SML Search

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Personal Branding

Back in the spring of 2007, I started the exercise of personal branding.

I love doing branding and identity projects, but there aren't many opportunities at the moment. I have learned over time that the best way to keep myself fresh is to do it constantly and persistently. So I follow the paths of Oprah and Martha Stewart and started the exercise of personal branding.

SML Palette / 2007 / SML Brands (by See-ming Lee 李思明 SML)

My extensive exploration of self is my research on understanding my brand, and it is from these analysis that I came up with the logo that you see today, from which I have developed my color system and branding guidelines.

The Logo

The logo is composed of three circles: small, medium and large. The three colors are the origin of colors, and represents design (magenta), technology (yellow) and marketing strategy (cyan) respectively. The execution is simple because I had a Bauhaus education.

The logo is placed everywhere where I exist, and extend beyond the seeminglee.com domain and into all the collaborative communities. I use the logo to 'stamp' holiday greetings. I also use it as my avatar on all my social networks. Because the logo scales well, it is also used as the favicon on my main hub.

Fun today

I was doing some experiments with video projection the past couple of days and I thought that it might be fun to brand myself directly on my body.

So here's my current advertising campaign running on Flickr: this is the closest I've been able to get my logo on the product—myself.

Personal Branding: Revision 2 / 20080115.10D.47540 / SML (by See-ming Lee 李思明 SML)

Personal Branding: Revision 2 / 20080115.10D.47543 / SML (by See-ming Lee 李思明 SML)

Personal Branding: Revision 2 / 20080115.10D.47550 / SML (by See-ming Lee 李思明 SML)

Personal Branding: Revision 2 / 20080115.10D.47555 / SML (by See-ming Lee 李思明 SML)

©2008 See-ming Lee 李思明 SML / SML Pro Blog / SML Universe. All rights reserved.

2 comments: