SML Search

Monday, January 21, 2008

MeeVee = Television scheduling made easy

For the longest time of my life, I don't have cable, because when I used to have it, I could not find anything to watch.

Two weeks ago I was chatting with Dirty Patrick (SML Wiki) and he said that I should get it just so that I can watch Project Runway.

My cable box arrived last week and I found myself addicted to the show. I liked it so much that I finished 2 seasons worth of Project Runway on Netflix DVD.

It's great when you've got friends to tell you what to watch because they know you well, but beyond that I'm stuck. I tried TV Guide at first but the interface is closed to useless.

What I really needed is a site that will give me TV recommendation based on interests. As always, I posted my question on Ask MetaFilter and in a matter of days, my recommendations came back: http://www.meevee.com

MeeVee / 2008-01-20 / SML Screenshots (by See-ming Lee 李思明 SML)

MeeVee really doesn't let me down. Based on the TV listings that I favorited, I created a time schedule for me. It will even record directly to Tivo. I haven't tried out the community features yet but this site looks very promising.

Thanks for everybody on MeFi who helped me out!

©2008 See-ming Lee 李思明 SML / SML Pro Blog / SML Universe. All rights reserved.

1 comment: