SML Search

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Web Trend Map 2007 / Information Architects Japan



I just received the A2 print of the Web Trend Map 2007 by Information Architects Japan. It visualizes the Internet in the form of a subway map and is very well done. You can also view the interactive version on their Web site, which displays a snapshot of that Web site upon rolling over the nodes on the network.


A letter from Oliver Reichenstein (Google / jux2 / LinkedIn) accompanies the shipment and provides additional background on the map:


The first map was conceived in 2006 as a fun Christmas card for our Japanese clients and friend. To our surprise it gained worldwide attention, which encouraged us to release a more meaningful version. It now shows over 250 websites on 16 lines, and people have reportedly spent hours analyzing it. We greatly look forward to hearing your interpretations.

For more information, read their blog post.

3 comments:

  1. We're glad you like it See-ming, we hope you like the candy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris,

    Thanks -- the candy was special -- I don't think that I've had that since I left Hong Kong more than ten years ago. :)

    Btw, the tube was a bit difficult to open--I finally unwrapped it to get the poster out--it was easy that way and I guess that's how it's designed perhaps?

    Cheers,
    See-ming

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris,

    Thanks -- the candy was special -- I don't think that I've had that since I left Hong Kong more than ten years ago. :)

    Btw, the tube was a bit difficult to open--I finally unwrapped it to get the poster out--it was easy that way and I guess that's how it's designed perhaps?

    Cheers,
    See-ming

    ReplyDelete