SML Search

Monday, August 13, 2007

SML Skydive = See-ming Lee + Skydiving = Crazy is Good!

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.— Mark Twain
Plane: $2 millionParachute: $7,000Tandem jump + videos: $270Jumping out of a plane + experiencing the thrill of your lifetime: Priceless— See-ming Lee, 2007-08-17

Back in 2001, Else-Marie Östling (LinkedIn), the global CTO of IconMedialab (now LBi International), told me that skydiving will change my life.

John Skinner / Progressive Flight School / 20070811.10D.44326 / SML Skydive
John Skinner, skydiver
Photo: SML

I'm ready to change my life, so this weekend, on August 11th, 2007 (Saturday), I went up to Skydive The Ranch in upstate New York for my first skydive with my co-workers from IconNicholson, Eduardo F. Ortiz (LinkedIn) and skydiver extraordinaire Colin Sutherland (LinkedIn).

Until I have time to edit the video and compose an awesome dance track to replace this raw footage (shot by Oren Peri) which contains a bit too much SML dorky moments, here's your chance to see me dropping out of a plane 15,000 ft above ground and flying tandem with Steve (Utah) Webb — a skydiving pro with 7,700 jump experience — for the thrill of my lifetime.


SML Channel presents... An SML Life production... SML Skydive = See-ming Lee + Skydiving = Crazy is Good!

SML SkyDive 2007.08.11

SML Flickr

Also see SML Skydive = See-ming Lee + Skydiving (Flickr Set) for photographs shot on the same day:


Note: Those shaky and some might say 'creative' photographs polluting my stream are the results of my camera being high-jacked by amateurs <sigh>... This is one of the reasons why I don't like people using my camera. Obviously, if you see me in the stream, I didn't take that photo!

SML Thank You (sorted alphabetically by first name)

Andrew Jacobs / 20070811.10D.44475 / SML SkydiveAndrew Jacobs, thanks for modeling for all those wonderful photographs
Jorge Rodas / 20070811.10D.44779 / SML SkydiveJorge Rodas, thanks for tandem-jumping with Eduardo
Oren Peri / 20070811.10D.44806 / SML SkydiveOren Peri, thanks for taking the oh so gorgeuos video with him against the sunset.
Roberto Souza / Skydiving Around the World / skyaw.com.br / 20070811.10D.44629 / SML SkydiveRoberto Souza, thank you for the wonderful audio-interview of your experience of sky-diving around the world.
Steve (Utah) Webb / 20070811.10D.44771 / SML SkydiveSteve (Utah) Webb, thanks for tandem-jumping for my first dive!

5 comments:

  1. well, did it change your life? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it did change my life, but it ways that are not immediately obvious to me.

    1. It changed my life because I now know that I have done something that many people are unwilling to do. I did not know that. It really is very safe, and I still don't understand why people won't do it.

    2. It changed my life because I was told by many that they look up on those who can trust their lives on other people's hands. I don't really see it that way, but it is surely interesting to hear what other people have to say.

    3. It changed my life because this was the only sport I have ever really participated in and enjoy.

    4. I would very much like to thank Colin Sutherland for suggesting that I video the event because it is *so* worth it.

    5. It most certainly changed my life because I am connecting with random people in the universe like you, or people on YouTube, who sent me very encouraging comments about my public action.

    Thank you.

    Cheers,
    See-ming

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course the skydive experience is the Unmatched Thrill And Excitement

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this mind blowing post! It was a awesome share!

    https://www.primescuba.com/essential-equipment/scuba-packages.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love tandem-jumping! Really cool! Anyway, your work should be promoted by a ad agency in Rhode Island. See http://tribalvision.com/

    ReplyDelete