SML Search

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Digg 2.0 Comment Digging Features: Friend or Foe?

Two weeks ago, my friend Rich Schuster (SML Wiki) sent me a photo of the halloween costume his friend Nathan Sharatt (SML Wiki) has made. I like it, so I faved it on Flickr and dugg it.

Flickr: alienate: halloween parade_071031_05.JPG / 2007-11-13 / SML Public Media (by See-ming Lee 李思明 SML)

Since Digg now added Web 2.0 features, I thought that it would nice to leave a nice comment thanking demonbaby for sharing, since he is a friend of mine.

Digg - Spectacular Bioshock Big Daddy / Little Sister Halloween Costume! [Pics]: User Comment from iamorlando

Just like that, I received a comment from a user named iamorlando posted on 2007-11-01 which says the following:

Digg - Spectacular Bioshock Big Daddy / Little Sister Halloween Costume! [Pics]: iamorlando: comments / 2007-11-13 / SML Public Media (by See-ming Lee 李思明 SML)

Dear See-ming,
Thanks for adding to our discussion, also thank you for turning the comments section into our own personal correspondence section.

Yours truly,
Orlando

Digg Stats
iamorlando's comment has +13 diggs on it, for which I am stunned. Conversely, my thank you note has -26 diggs on them, which I am double stunned.

SML Research
To figure out why a user hate me so much, I instructed SML Bio Bot to do some research for me to determine who iamorlando is, and this is what it scooped:
SML Wiki: iamorlando

SML Question to iamorlando
If we cannot even thank our friends for posting to something we thought is brilliant on Digg, then what should we post instead?

SML Ask
Conversely, how reasonable are the Web 2.0 comment digging features on Digg?

Related SML Universe
+ SML Digg
+ SML Random Thoughts
+ SML Public Media

SML Copyright Notice
©2007 See-ming Lee 李思明 SML / SML Pro Blog / SML Universe. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment