SML Search

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Flickr Image Loading: Firefox vs IE7 / 2007-11-26 / SML Screenshots

Flickr Image Loading: Firefox vs IE7 / 2007-11-26 /  SML Screenshots (by See-ming Lee 李思明 SML)

This is a screenshot from my computer browsing to the same Flickr set. On the left is Firefox 2.0.0.9, on the right is Internet Explorer 7.

As you can see here, all the images on IE7 is loaded, but Firefox still won't punch them in. Why? I don't get it. I'm on the same broadband connection here and it appears that Firefox kept on not loading the images.

So why not just use IE, you ask? Because I like my Greasemonkey scripts and Flickr is a whole lot different without them.

I have as such resulted in browsing on IE to look at the photos and commenting on Flickr. This is sad. Am I the only person experiencing this problem?

Originally I thought that maybe it's the greasemonkey scripts that's causing the problem but I disabled them and the problem persists.

Any clue? Any one? Comments would be highly appreciated. Any leads will be given full credits.

Thanks!

SML Copyright Notice
©2007 See-ming Lee 李思明 SML / SML Pro Blog / SML Universe. All rights reserved.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't had that problem at all, have you tried sniffing packets to see if firefox is just timing out on some of the requests? checked the memory useage?

    firefox has been crashing on me without apparent reason for a few months now, so i use opera as my primary these days. ff w/ firebug for dev, ie and webkit for testing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had that problem at all, have you tried sniffing packets to see if firefox is just timing out on some of the requests? checked the memory useage?

    firefox has been crashing on me without apparent reason for a few months now, so i use opera as my primary these days. ff w/ firebug for dev, ie and webkit for testing.

    ReplyDelete