SML Search

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Go Creative Commons!

Ever since I switched my Flickr stream to Creative Commons, I noted that my photos are starting to pop up on various sites. The license requires the articles to provide a link back to the original post, and in turn the credits transformed to an interesting PR link that drive traffic to my stream.

A photo I shot during gay pride got used in a German blog called kruez.net yesterday. I don't read German so I don't really know what it's about, but what I do know is that it threw 1000+ views to that photo in a single day:

kreuz.net: Nicht alle befinden sich im Krebsgang / 2008-03-26 / SML Screenshots (by See-ming Lee 李思明 SML)
Source: http://kreuz.net/article.6903.html

To be exact, Flickr Stats reported that 1,565 visits came from that article, which amounts to 92% of its overall traffic. This was surprising to me considering that the link to the photograph appears at the very end of the article.

Needless to say, my original fear where of losing control is all gone. I am quite happy with the decision to switch.

©2008 See-ming Lee 李思明 SML / SML Pro Blog / SML Universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment