SML Search

Saturday, July 1, 2006

Photography = Composition

Photography is a very good and effective way to study composition.

I started using photography as a mean to study composition when I bought my first digital camera. For the first time, I was able to capture and review my visual decisions instantly. The immediate visual feedback is very powerful.

For most people, photography brings back memories of particular moments and events. For me, photography brings back memories of how I used to see. It serves as a visual diary of how I interpret what my eyes see. It enables me to analyze and criticize my visual decisions, and enables me to catalog my progress along the way.

Related SML Pro Blog entries


Functional = Beautiful
HDR: Manhattan Bridge in Black and White
Manhattan Bridge HDR
Photography / Philosophy
SML Collection
Theorizing aesthetics


SML Copyright Notice


Copyright 2005-2007 See-ming Lee. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. Photography also helps/encourages one to see, both before and after taking a photograph. LL

    ReplyDelete